Policy and Procedures for Standing Committees
- Committee members must be members of MOMGA.
- Committees shall consist of Standing and Ad Hoc Committees.
- Each Committee shall have a minimum of two members.
- All committee chairs will be appointed by the MOMGA President.
- All committees shall report on their activities to the Board.
- All committees will submit a proposed budget at the MOMGA Annual Meeting.
A. POLICY AND PROCEDURE (P&P) COMMITTEE
- The P&P Committee works on suggested revisions of the MOMGA By-laws to be submitted to the MOMGA Board for discussion and approval.
- The P&P Committee reviews suggested changes and maintains a set of P&P to serve the MOMGA Board in daily operations.
- The P&P Committee reviews both By-laws and Policy and Procedures every even year.
B. CONFERENCE LIAISON COMMITTEE – A member of the Executive Board is to chair this committee.
Purpose of the MOMGA State Conference is to further the knowledge of Missouri Master Gardeners; through educational workshops, tours, speakers, and discussion panels, and to educate members on the many diverse qualities offered in the different areas of Missouri. Conference registration should be kept at a reasonable amount to afford members the opportunity to attend.
- The Conference committee will solicit future conference host.
- The chapter host of the MOMGA State Conference will be a Missouri Master Gardener Association, Inc. member.
- This committee is a liaison with the MOMGA State Conference host chapter.
- The chair will keep ongoing communication with the host chapter and communicate with the MOMGA Board.
- The committee is responsible for knowing where the Conference Manuals or CD’s” and for delivering them to the next conference host.
- The present year host and the next year host should have access to the Conference Reference Manual or a digital form of it.
- The committee is responsible for the collection and disbursement of the conference name badge holders for the MOMGA State Conference. The committee will obtain more holders if needed, paid for by MOMGA.
- A $5.00 (five dollar) fee per conference attendee will be collected and deposited in the MOMGA State Conference account.
- The MOMGA conference host will be awarded $500 (five hundred dollars) for each state conference to be used for conference educational purposes.
- The conference host is to give an accounting of the conference income and expenses, along with the attendance to the MOMGA Conference Committee within forty-five days of the end of the conference.
- Each conference host is to upgrade the Conference CD or Manual and see that the conference committee receives a copy within forty-five days of the end of the conference.
- The committee will work with conference host in getting information on the registration form for identifying MOMGA attendees for voting purposes, lifetime membership (for discounts) and for 10 year and above service recognition.
C. MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
- This committee will consist of a membership coordinator for each region in the state with an overall committee chair.
- The committee is responsible for keeping master membership rosters of each MOMGA Chapter member, to include addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, chapter and region affiliation. The money for membership is the responsibility of the treasurer.
- The committee is responsible for maintaining a current list of MOMGA Board Members.
- The committee is responsible for maintaining a list of lifetime members.
- A list of all members e-mail addresses is to be sent to the Newsletter Editor and Constant Contact Chair for e-mailing purposes.
- A copy of membership, board members, and lifetime members list are to be sent to the Executive Board.
- The committee will be responsible for obtaining and sending a name tag identifying MOMGA Lifetime Members to those members.
- The committee will gather information given from chapters and the MG Leadership Team Members on “Century Club” members (members volunteering 100 hours of service) from the previous year, for recognition at the State conference.
- The committee will conduct the annual membership enrollment drive at the MOMGA State Conference by drafting the membership form and supervising its distribution.
- The committee will maintain a Current Membership Form with membership Status on it; Board Representative, Emeritus, Lifetime Member Status, also to include year member became a Master Gardener.
Lifetime Membership – updated 11-6-2015
Bronze Level – $50 membership 1. Pay only once 2. Member will be given name tag identifying lifetime membership 3. Special recognition at State Master Gardener Conference 4. 5% off of the State Conference basic registration fee
Silver Level – $100 membership
- Pay only once
- Members will be given name tag identifying lifetime membership
- Special recognition at State Master Gardener Conference
- 10% off of the State Conference basic registration fee.
Gold Level – $200 membership
- Pay only once
- Members will be given name tag identifying lifetime membership
- Special recognition at State Master Gardener Conference
- 15% off of the State Conference basic registration fee
If someone signs up for lifetime membership at a lower level and later wants to upgrade, they can by paying the difference between the level they are at and the current cost of the higher level.
- Guidelines, according to Joe Vale, person in charge of University of Missouri Extension Logos, (8-19-2013), the following can be done.
- Use University of Missouri Master Gardener Logo with Dogwood.
- One line can be added for Lifetime Membership.
- Use the same Italic font, same size or smaller than the Chapter Name for the
- MoMGA level Lifetime Member line.
- Chapters may use their current badge style, if they request such.
- Since 2013, Springfield Engraving has been creating Lifetime Membership Badges and knows exactly what is needed for the Magnetic Badges.
Procedures for Obtaining a Badge for New Lifetime Member
- E-mail Lifetime Member asking if they wish to have anything but their name and MoMGA (level) Lifetime Member line on their badge. (i.e. County Name, Advanced, Emeritus)
- Once information is received from new member, order Badge by sending letter to John Arnold at Springfield Engraving, firstname.lastname@example.org. Use file-Lifetime Badges to Engraver Single Badge.
- Update workbook spreadsheets in file, Lifetime levels addresses emails.xlsx.
- Send updated files/lists to MoMGA Executive Board.
- Badges will be shipped to individuals and invoice will be sent to MoMGA Treasurer.
Exception: For Active St. Louis Master Gardeners, Contact Holly Records at the Missouri Botanical Garden. The Botanical Garden will make a badge for their Master Gardener. If they are not Active, follow the procedures above.
E-Mail from Joe Vale via David Trinklein
August 19, 2013
Thanks, Dave. Yes, we can allow them to add a line of type to the badges of lifetime members as long as they follow these guidelines:
- do not add another logo, and
- use the same italic font, same size or smaller, as the chapter name.
D. COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE – consists of three separate sub-committees.
Webmaster – The webmaster will maintain current information on the following items on the web site, updating the site as often as possible.
- Post MOMGA officers and standing committee chairs along with contact information
- Post MOMGA By-laws and Policy and Procedures
- Post Lifetime member list by region
- Post MOMGA Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, along with Meeting Agenda for upcoming meetings.
- Post Missouri University Extension Master Gardener Leadership Team Members names and updates
- Post Master Gardener regional contacts
- Post MG Chapter current events listed under Regions
- Post MOMGA State Conference announcements and contact information
- Post MU newsletters, Heartland Horticulture newsletters
- Work with Executive Board regarding meeting notices
- Post the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Missouri Master Gardener Association, Inc. and the University of Missouri Extension
- Post the State Conference Guideline Manual with forms
- Post forms
- Maintain a permanent template area for: MOMGA president’s message, MOMGA Executive board contact information, reminder for members to check the website for current information, notices regarding address changes to be sent to the Membership Committee and newsletter deadline dates.
- Report on MU Extension Leadership Team updates a. current Master Gardener Program happenings b. current events in the plant or insect world dispensed by UM Extension
- Regional representatives gather local chapter highlights; unique projects, community recognition, etc. (send chapter event notices to the web master)
- List happenings outside of Missouri; National Convention, etc.
- Keep current e-mail information sent from Membership Committee E-Mail – Constant Contact
- E-mail lists are not to be used by non-MOMGA members.
- The number of e-mails sent should be carefully considered. A general guideline should be not more than one per week.
- Committee will need to work with the Executive aboard on what information should be forwarded to membership.
- Forward e-newsletters to all members
- Forward MOMGA State Conference information to all members
- Forward all MOMGA Board meeting notices and meeting agendas to MOMGA Board Members
- Keep current e-mail addresses sent from the Membership Committee E. MARKETING/PUBLICITY COMMITTEE 1. Develop and produce a brochure promoting Missouri Master Gardener Association, Inc. (MOMGA) listing its many benefits. 2. Committee will be responsible for the MOMGA display and Ray Rothenberg/Jim Wilson Endowment handouts to be displayed at each state conference. (Endowment handouts composed by UMC Endowment Committee) 3. Maintain MOMGA Promotional Booth at state events and Master Gardener Chapter events when feasible. 4. Develop publicity releases for TV, radio, newspapers, and videos promoting MOMGA and the Missouri Master Gardener Program. 5. Develop sponsorship guidelines for funding MOMGA events 6. Develop discounts for MOMGA membership F. FUND RAISING COMMITTEE 1. Sell ads for publishing in the MOMGA Heartland Horticulture e-newsletter 2. Work with Marketing/Publicity committee to obtain benefits for MOMGA members; discounts for purchases, admittance to botanical gardens, special notices, etc. G. FINANCE COMMITTEE 1. Develop the MOMGA annual budget for approval by the Board 2. The fiscal year is from January 1 to December 31 3. Records (tax returns and critical supporting records) must be kept for 3 years (files are maintained by the current treasurer) 4. Accept and review Endowment Monies Request. Give recommendations to the Extension Master Gardner Leadership Team and MOMGA Board regarding request. 5. All requests for reimbursements or funding will fill out the Reimbursement or Funding Form Attachment C, and present it to the treasurer.
H. AUDIT COMMITTEE
- The Audit Committee is appointed by the MOMGA Board President
- The Audit Committee maintains and fills in the Audit Committee Checklists Dorm Attachment A & B
I. TREASURER POSITION – approved on June 7, 2013
- Reimbursement Form must accompany all requests for reimbursement and should be submitted for reimbursement within a 60 day period. Forms may be obtained on the MOMGA web site page.
- Deposits should be made within two weeks of receipt giving a detailed description of source of funds.
- All checks $300 (three-hundred dollars) or over must be signed by two Executive Committee Members. All Executive Officers should have co-signing ability.
- The Treasurer is required to keep all bank statements and balance statements monthly.
- An itemized Treasurer’s Report is to be given or available at each regular MOMGA meeting
- Annual audits are to be conducted by an Audit Committee consisting of three MOMGA Members.
- The Treasurer is to be bonded if or when association finances allow.
- Checks written to the Treasurer must have a signature accompanied by a Reimbursement/Funding Request Form.
- Treasurer will develop a proposed Annual Budget for the upcoming year and present at the last regular MOMGA Board Meeting of the current year for approval. Executive Board and Committee Chairs should be consulted for input on proposed budget.
- Treasurer will collect dues along with Member Rosters and return Acknowledgement of Payment to Chapters. Treasurer will send Membership Chair, Member Rosters after she has received and recorded them. Membership Rosters will be the responsibility of the Membership Committee. J. NOMINATING COMMITTEE – added and approved on 3-7-2014
- The Nominating Committee shall consist of the Vice President as chair and a representative from each region when possible.
- The Nominating Committee will present a slate of officers at the Annual Meeting to be voted upon at that meeting. Nominations are allowed from the floor.
Information collection and use
- Personal information collected may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, and phone number (“personal information”). While it may seem like a lot of personal information is collected about you when you enroll for membership, much of this helps us customize or direct content to you that is personally interesting or pertains to your membership.
- We do not sell, rent, give or lend personal information about our members to any third party outside of the Master Gardener Program.
- All photos of children 18 and under must have written and signed permission by parents or guardian. All other photos taken must have verbal or written permission before use in any MOMGA publication. For ease of reference, permission slips are to be kept by Chapter taking photo or their Local Extension Office.
Standing Rules – added and approved on 3-7-2014 A. Dues
- Missouri Master Gardener Association, Inc. (MOMGA) membership dues are $2.00 per member. MOMGA Chapter membership is due on December 31 of each year for the following year. Dues for the following year are considered delinquent after February 28 of the following year.
- MOMGA Chapter membership is required in order to have representation on the MOMGA Board of Directors. Individual members may join a MOMGA Member Chapter out of their area, but will not be allowed to represent a Non-Member Chapter.
- Each MOMGA Chapter Board Representative is to be identified yearly on the Chapter Enrollment Form when returned with the dues.
Webmaster: Elaine Fix